Blog Archive

Friday, June 27, 2014

Zeroing in

Day 14 6/26
Mileage big fat 0

If you were ever worried about the decline of the railroad industry since the old transcontinental railroad closed, I am happy to report that it is alive and well, at least in Baring, WA between the hours of 10pm an 6am. Aside from being roused by frequent tooting and train-filled dreams, I slept like a rock. I had a great breakfast of cold pizza, and went to the cafestorepostoffice across the street for a cuppa and some conversation. There, we met Brad, a down-on-his-luck stand-up comic who came here from Seattle to clean up. He's been here and sober for four months and is bored out of his mind. He must be, because we were apparently the most exciting thing to happen to him in a while, and even we were very sleepy. He's hitching to Seattle to see friends. Good luck, Brad. We got back and were doing some logistical planning when Jerry mentioned he had some landscaping we could help out with. If Jerry Dinsmore, THE Jerry Dinsmore, says that you can help HIM, you do so enthusiastically, and you're damn happy you got asked. So we did, and it was great. Then, we hung out more, watched a movie, and went to bed. Good day.

2 comments:

  1. I miss the LIKE button. I LIKE this. Nice you had the chance to do a little payback/payforward at the Dinsmores. I bet your bodies are appreciating the downtime there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't learn about your blog until this morning, after I read on Facebook the article in your local newspaper. But the blog seems to have stopped. I was really enjoying it and learning stuff. I hope you start it up again. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete