Blog Archive

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Home Turf

Day 86 9/6
Mileage 5
Camped at Latopie Lake

Wow, it's been a while. It's good to be back, and on familiar territory to boot! A few years ago, I was at this lake, lamenting the fact that I wasn't on an overnight trip and wishing I could camp here. I'm living the dream, baby! I feel wonderfully renewed after Strawberry (I left weighing 9 pounds more than I did upon my arrival) and am excited to be back on trail. This was the first bit of the PCT that I walked after I decided to thru hike. I thought to myself then that I'd eventually hike it in the context of a thru, but it seemed so distant. It's almost surreal now. My pack is loaded down with a bear canister, tent, and various articles of warmer, more waterproof clothing, including a 15 degree sleeping bag. It's all kind of a bummer to carry, but I am oh so cozy. I doubt I'll be cold again on this trip. So nice to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment