Blog Archive

Monday, August 11, 2014

Fog and Still Moist

Day 42 7/24
Mileage 17
Camped near Timberline Lodge

I woke up this morning to the unfortunate sound of torrential downpour on my rain fly. Then, I fell back asleep. This happened several more times before I was finally able to mobilize. I had maybe 700 calories worth of frosting and peanut butter to jumpstart my warmth-making before I finally faced the music of the out-of-tent world. The rain had mercifully abated, but everything was incredibly, profoundly moist. We warmed up quickly as the trail climbed steeply out of the pass. The trail today felt very Oregon-y. I don't know quite what that means, but it did. We climbed up to the base of Mount Hood, fog obscuring our views, but making everything look very cool and foggy, at least. The "sketchy" stream crossing was a total non-issue, and we felt good. I've decided that I LOVE going uphill. Love it. Hills for breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, Timberline Lodge has a legendary breakfast buffet that we are going to ravage tomorrow. I can't begin to express my excitement. It's quite cold tonight, but at least it's clear. No rain for the foreseeable future! Yay! Yay! Yay! Just sunshine and smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment