Blog Archive

Monday, November 17, 2014

The Road to Paradise

Day 146 11/5
Mileage 20
Camped at mile 149.05

We managed to tear ourselves away from Idyllwild this morning, somehow. After coffee, we headed on down the road to bypass the Mountain Fire trail closure. It was dirt for a while, which was nice, and turned to pavement, leaving my feet and legs in quite a state. You can just feel your legs wearing out when you walk on pavement. However, it was all worth it when we arrived at the legendary Paradise Valley Café, lauded as having the best burger on the entire PCT. I am inclined to agree. It was a friendly, delicious place, and it too was hard to leave. I find myself really dragging my feet as the end looms nearer. We have less than a week left, which really blows my mind. Anyway, back on trail (no matter how much I don't want to leave a town stop, I'm always happy when I get back to walking) we played some games, laughed a bunch, and arrived at our planned campsite before we knew it. It's now 5:30, dark, and I'm down for the count.

Walking that road

Nirvana

No comments:

Post a Comment